About Deeplish Community Centre
Milkstone – Deeplish is an exciting area of Rochdale which has always embraced and celebrated diversity, and promoted development. It is an area in which residents live and work, but also attracts many visitors due to the thriving small businesses and convenience of other key community assets. Our vision is to be an integral asset to the community and provide a wide range of services which will contribute to the growth and regeneration of the community.
Our Mission Statement
The Mission of Deeplish Community Centre is
“To serve our community and improve the quality of life of our residents.”
Participation and Quality provision
- Deeplish Community Centre provides a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for the local community and user groups, enabling them to participate in educational, social and learning activities.To promote cohesion, empowerment, integration and employment opportunities for the local communities.
Health and well-being
- Our aim is to promote Health and well being and improve local people’s participation in well-being activities through informal education and support.
- We promote social inclusion and community cohesion and support elderly and vulnerable people facing barriers due to age, health, language, disability etc.
Education, Training and Employability
- We develop and enhance the skills of local communities through lifelong learning, education and training provisions for everyone - promoting confidence in learning new skills. To support the improvement of educational results and achievements of the town’s children and young people at all levels.
Crime and Community safety
- We work very closely with local communities, statutory and voluntary agencies to reduce crime and disorder and help people to feel safer within the Borough of Rochdale.To encourage young people and children to play a leading role in their future development and achieve their full potential and aspirations.
Transport and Accessibility
- To continue to work in partnership with local and regional organisations, in promoting travel, equality, accessibility, information and supporting communities in connecting with places.